PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Some Icons of the Installed Theme Don't Show Up in the Panel

navneeth
September 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Please take a look at the picture attached. I have installed an icon theme, and the icons for Desktop, Rythmbox, Netwrok Manager and Volume Control appear as they should, while the icons in the buttons for the terminal and Firefox, and Amarok's icon are the default ones. How can I fix this?

Daisuke_Aramaki
September 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Please take a look at the picture attached. I have installed an icon theme, and the icons for Desktop, Rythmbox, Netwrok Manager and Volume Control appear as they should, while the icons in the buttons for the terminal and Firefox, and Amarok's icon are the default ones. How can I fix this?

maybe the icons are missing from the icon theme as such! but i don't see the terminal icon in the screenie, am assuming ur talkin about the profile icon in ur terminal window? if thats the case, this can be manually set. goto the Terminal window, Edit->Current Profile-> Profile Icon. u can click on the profile button and can choose the icon of ur choice! hope i understood ur question properly!:)

Just an example!

navneeth
September 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
maybe the icons are missing from the icon theme as such!
Nope. Firefox and Gnome Terminal have their own icons.

but i don't see the terminal icon in the screenie, am assuming ur talkin about the profile icon in ur terminal window? if thats the case, this can be manually set. goto the Terminal window, Edit->Current Profile-> Profile Icon. u can click on the profile button and can choose the icon of ur choice! hope i understood ur question properly!:)

Just an example!

Thanks. That's more or less of what I was talking about...it might be a temporary work-around for the terminal, but what about Firefox (and other apps), shouldn't they appear automatically? It's a blue icon, and a more stylised version of the fox wrapping itself around the globe of the Earth.

The case is the same in the titlebar also.