PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panasonic KX-P1150

ShawnDBruce
September 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I've had my little gem now for many months, and I want to use it with Ubuntu... Ok. It was simple to set up, but printouts look downright *UGLY!*. I KNOW for a fact it's not my baby; it's the fact that everything gets sent in graphic mode. I know a lot about computer systems and electronics even at 18. The printer came to me in an e-bay auction where there was a pallet-full of them being sold off as singles, confirmed and tested good, so I bought one for myself and my dad bought one for his business (they use and MS-DOS based program and all printouts are tracker-feed). As to the reason why I use her is that this printer was of good quality from Japan, and from a time where that mattered. Now everything is emulated in software and digitized to the point of flat-lifelessness... it's heart-breaking..... anyway, I tried to get the 'text-only' driver to work, but nothing comes out of that **** thing no matter what it is, not even text documents from Kate or gedit... I don't know what to do people, I really don't. Thankyou for your time and for reading this god-awfully-long post.

ShawnDBruce
September 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM
bump?