PDA

View Full Version : What should a UUG do?

quietglow
November 18th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Okay, so we've got 6 or 7 maybe 10 people who are really enthused with Ubuntu and we're putting stuff together to make a LocalTeam. That will probably happen in the next couple weeks.

So what do we do then? I mean what do we do to contribute to Ubuntu?--I think we've got the beer drinking and bar-b-q'n down pat :-)

What are some good group-oriented projects/activities that are not limited to just installing and playing with Ubuntu on the member's computers (that's what the nearby LUG tends to do).

It would nice to see a list of projects ready and waiting to be taken on by a group with diverse computing ability but the advantage of being in close physical proximity to each other.

If anyone has some good ideas, I'd be happy to make a wiki page (if there isn't already one that I'm missing)

Lovechild
November 18th, 2005, 09:26 PM
you had me at drink beer...

lotusleaf
November 18th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Why not set up a table with some Ubuntu CDs to give away, printed out information on getting started with Ubuntu containing http links to helpful sites, maybe a few standing colorful attention grabbing Ubuntu signs and sit out with your buddies to share Ubuntu with the masses?

Big and red bold text with the words "Free, Take One!" never fails

quietglow
November 19th, 2005, 04:54 AM
you had me at drink beer...

No really, we've got that down. Its what we're gonna do for the good of humanity WHILE drinking beer that I'm working on :-) Our current struggle is finding a meeting place which both a. has beer and b. has wifi. You city slickers have it made. Here in the boondocks, bars have beer and coffe shops have wifi and never the twain shall meet.

And good idea about setting up a live CD table...maybe at the student center or something. I wish there was some sort of software project we could offer help on as a team...I'm looking.