PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rhapsody

Ninjabot87
September 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew a way to run the rhapsody music program in wine. I have a verizon phone and it will only let me put music on it if I have rhapsody. Does anyone know if it will work?

medic8ted
September 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Same problem here. So far no Rhapsody with wine, it requires windows media player and DRM. Install hangs on DRM, media player can't validate install. So I'm looking for help too.

MrWES
September 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
You could install Windows in a virtualbox and then install Rhapsody -- might work. I use Auto Gordian Knot (avi software) like that in a virtualbox and it runs great! I can even write to my linux directories/drives via Guest Additions. Nice set up.

Bill

SunnyRabbiera
September 16th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Rhapsody doesnt work sadly, perhaps you should try to find a linux friendly service.

medic8ted
September 17th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I have not had much luck with VM, and Rhapsody is the only format my phone accepts. Good thing I didn't get the phone just for that, although it would have been a nice feature.

camarriott
October 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hey, as long as you have a bluetooth adapter(I have a $30 belkin adapter) and a bluetooth enabled phone, I think you should be able to transfer music files to your phone... Works for my phone. It's not as intuitive but it might suffice.

letskillmhc
October 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hey, as long as you have a bluetooth adapter(I have a $30 belkin adapter) and a bluetooth enabled phone, I think you should be able to transfer music files to your phone... Works for my phone. It's not as intuitive but it might suffice.

But, these would prolly be pirated mp3-s that are illegal. Though, I would imagine, buying these from Rhapsody would be possible (running in Virtualbox, in Windows), and then downloading them from illegal sources, would be a legal thing to do.
Or is rhapsody subscription based? (Unlimited music for 14.99 or something a month)
Anyways, still it would be quite a moral thing to do.