PDA

View Full Version : I was not spamming...

war59312
September 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Hi,

Sadly I just received this private message about spamming.

Sef, it seems this was just a simple misunderstanding.

This was not spam. The video shows users how to do what was being talked about in the topic.

I thought a simple short video would better explain how to accomplish the goal.

I was NOT posting some random link spam.

Please un-moderate me and move my post back? I will gladly edit my reply to simply explain my post better if requested to do so..

Thanks for not banning me and giving me a chance to explain..

Take Care,

Will

The PM follows:

Dear war59312,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: spam post
-------
Why did you put up a spam post? Spam is banned by the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I put you on moderation instead of banning you since you have about 50 posts. If you disagree with my action, then you can appeal it in the Resolution Center (it's under Forum Feedback and Help.)
-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

Sweet, thanks guys!

Video for newbies:

http://rapidshare.com/files/115922915/DSCN0445.MOV.html

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums

matthew
September 14th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I took a look. There were a few reasons for my decision to reverse the infraction.

1. The post was quote old and had not been a problem in the three/four months it has been around.

2. It does seem the video is directly related to the topic.

So, our apologies. The infraction was given in error.

Not to excuse the error, but by way of explanation, a post with a link to RapidShare (or any other filesharing site) is spam in 99.9% of the cases...that was the likely reason for the confusion.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

war59312
September 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I understand. I figured it was because of rapidshare too..

Though perhaps someone could move my post back? As video is still valid.

Thanks..

matthew
September 14th, 2008, 01:18 AM
I will gladly move it back for you. Can you give me a link to the original thread? (Sorry, I don't have that on hand...)

war59312
September 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
You know what, dont worry about it then as I cant find it either.. oh well no big deal..

thanks again and have a good night...

matthew
September 14th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Okay. Sorry about that. If you change your mind and find the thread, let me know. The offer will still be good. :)