PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] space bar not moving

Green Pearl
September 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM
My sapce bar does not move any way . I can not make space between words in every application.
Can you help me as soon as possible, please?????????
thank you

howefield
September 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
You've not done too badly above ;)

Try a different keyboard ?

oilchangeguy
September 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
My sapce bar does not move any way . I can not make space between words in every application.
Can you help me as soon as possible, please?????????
thank you

how about some more details. like what applications. it seems to be working now.

LowSky
September 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
You've not done too badly above ;)

:lolflag: sorry this made me laugh

what apps are the issue? when does it occur, what language is the keyboard set to? how old is it? USB or PS/2?

drubin
September 11th, 2008, 10:43 PM
How did you make the post above with out the use of a space key? So we can gauge what is and is not working.

oilchangeguy
September 11th, 2008, 11:12 PM
It would appear that since the op has not answered any requests for more information the op must be a troll. Can a mod please close this thread?

drubin
September 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
It would appear that since the op has not answered any requests for more information the op must be a troll. Can a mod please close this thread?

Or they have limited internet connection. Or they have to reboot back into working OS. 1 hour of no reply does not worrent a troll.

oilchangeguy
September 11th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Or they have limited internet connection. Or they have to reboot back into working OS. 1 hour of no reply does not worrent a troll.

the little sun burst icon by their name indicates they're still online. and nobodies internet connection is that slow.

drubin
September 11th, 2008, 11:24 PM
the little sun burst icon by their name indicates they're still online. and nobodies internet connection is that slow.

Never knew that about the "sun icon". Thanks.

Still don't think it is "nice" to close a thread after an hour. Some people do not enable subscription and take a time getting around especially new people to the forums.

greyfox1
September 11th, 2008, 11:27 PM
May be a silly question but have you rebooted at any point? I had a screwy issue last week where my F-keys stopped working, and a reboot took care of that.

howefield
September 12th, 2008, 09:13 PM

There are many criteria which may class someone as a troll, but not posting a follow-up in less than a day ? Gimme a break.

He may well be trying to find his way around the forum, having "lost" his original post.

Green Pearl
September 12th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I am awfully sorry.
I have a laptop and my space bar does not work on open office and firefox.

ssdd13
December 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Wits end on this tried everything i could...have a toshiba c650 nb running ubuntu10.04 lts for wot ever reason the spacebar is mapped to the character ş...how do i get my spacebar back...urgent need help.