PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brasero question

sdim
September 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hi,everyone.
I was about to copy a music CD using Brasero (Elyssa-Mint user),when I noticed that while the CD was being copied to the HD,there was no usual Database search to find the title and the tracks of the CD,so that they could be copied to the new CD.Is that true? Does Brasero not have support for CD Database...?

Thank you.

plucky
September 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hi,everyone.
I was about to copy a music CD using Brasero (Elyssa-Mint user),when I noticed that while the CD was being copied to the HD,there was no usual Database search to find the title and the tracks of the CD,so that they could be copied to the new CD.Is that true? Does Brasero not have support for CD Database...?

Thank you.

Brasero is really a burning program.Try using "sound-juicer"
sudo apt-get install sound-juicer Or it might already be under "Sound and Video"

Good Luck

sdim
September 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the answer,plucky,I already have Sound Juicer installed.I have used K3b in the past and I admit that it was a burner,equivalent to Nero.K3b had this feature,i.e. when you inserted the music CD,the program connected with the Database,and downloaded the title and track list of the CD,and then burned the new CD.I wonder why Brasero doesn't have this function...