PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Trouble installing new version of amsn

Vic!
September 10th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone. im having toruble updating my AMSN and any help is greatly appreciated. when i download the newest version and open it using the autopackage software installer it says its unable to prepare the package.
any help is greatly greatly appreciated thank you!

attached screenshot :)

billgoldberg
September 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hello everyone. im having toruble updating my AMSN and any help is greatly appreciated. when i download the newest version and open it using the autopackage software installer it says its unable to prepare the package.
any help is greatly greatly appreciated thank you!

attached screenshot :)

Try removing the older version first.

--

Also make sure no other package manager is running at the same time should you not get it working or are interested.

--

You can try alternatives like emesene (I use this one) or galaxium messenger.

Vic!
September 10th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I just tried it and the did a reboot and tried it again (removed the old version using regular add/remove..) made sure all other add remove programs were closed and got the same screen. any suggestions?? :confused:

thank you!

superzorro
September 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Don't think this would work. I think as with most apps there should be a .amsn folder in your home folder, try erasing it, and then reinstall.

Also if you are installing a .deb double check you have the one of your Ubuntu version.

BTW Why don't you install the version that it's on the repositories?

Edit:

Just run a google search and found some threads that talk about your problem, there seems to be a conflict with Tcl/tk with the upgraded app, check them out:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=896701

http://maketecheasier.com/amsn-cant-connect-in-ubuntu/2008/08/11

Hope this helps

Vic!
September 11th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Thankx guys i will try it ill let you know how it goes

THANX AGAIN!

Vic!
September 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
well what i did was just delete it using add remove programs then i added it back again using add remove programs and it seems to be working now.. weird

thank you guys