PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] wide-screen resultions on Intel graphics controller?

gradedcheese
September 10th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hi. I have a desktop PC with the Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02), which I think is a GMA 900 series adapter. The regular resolutions seem to work fine but I cannot get it to display 1680x1050 which I need for my new monitor. I booted the PC into Windows XP and found that it displayed the correct resolution, so the hardware is certainly capable. Any suggestions for how to configure X on Hardy? Should I build a newer driver? Thanks!

veloce
September 11th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I suggest you try xrandr. I haven't had to use it with Hardy but did a fair bit with it and Gutsy. It detects most things going on with the monitors and can change most settings.

gradedcheese
September 11th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I tried that. It detected several available resolutions but not any wide-screen ones. For now, I've installed a Radeon 7000 PCI card which does the job (at the right resolution) as a workaround, but it would be nice to have the onboard video work since I now know that it can do 1680x1050 in theory.

veloce
September 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I see there is a new version of the intel driver in my updates this morning - does it help any?