PDA

View Full Version : that's exactly what i meant

chucky chuckaluck
September 7th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Lets try and enjoy this place and appreciate the work folks do for nothing.

Yes this may well be called last shot closure , so be it . I am growing increasingly sick of this team of hard working volunteers being attacked very which way.

I am closing this thread

this is exactly what i was talking about with 'last shot' moderation. if you can't take constructive criticism, then maybe you shouldn't be an admin. the point of that thread is that we certainly don't appreciate the work some of the mods are doing for nothing. we want them to stop. it's getting to the point were eventually the only word allowed to be posted at all will be 'ubuntu', UOL!

KiwiNZ
September 7th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I was open as to why I was closing the thread. I will also remind you of the following...

"Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please open a request in the forum resolution center."

If the OP had an issue with moderation the the Resolution Centre was the appropriate location.

chucky chuckaluck
September 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I was open as to why I was closing the thread. I will also remind you of the following...

"Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please open a request in the forum resolution center."

If the OP had an issue with moderation the the Resolution Centre was the appropriate location.

criticism of current practices is not disrespect. when we bring up issues like last shot moderation and closing threads because it might rain on the first day of april, it's a sign that maybe staff isn't running the forums efficiently. whether you agree with the plaintiffs, or not, it behooves you to take a look at the complaints to see if perhaps there's something you overlooked. that rule you've quoted implies an infallibility which is not really the case. you make mistakes, even by your own admission. it doesn't lessen the authority of your role to consider better options, even if those options come from the ranks of the epsilons.

KiwiNZ
September 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
People can criticise me all they want.

What I will not tolerate is unwarranted criticism of the Moderation staff.

And as per the quote I cited from the COC ,The Resolution Centre is the location to bring up issues regarding staff actions NOT the general forums.

chucky chuckaluck
September 7th, 2008, 10:40 PM
People can criticise me all they want.

What I will not tolerate is unwarranted criticism of the Moderation staff.

And as per the quote I cited from the COC ,The Resolution Centre is the location to bring up issues regarding staff actions NOT the general forums.

if the moderation staff are too quick to close threads, then the criticism is not unwarranted. even if the plaintiffs are wrong about that, they still should be heard. in my view, you're getting emotional about this rather than looking at it with reason. why would you want people to be unhappy here? let them air their grievances. eventually, things will either work out, or there will be an agreement to disagree with the staff continuing on in its previous practice. but, at least, the plaintiffs will have felt they were considered. this "you can criticize me but not my staff" approach serves no purpose. your last shot moderation has served no purpose but to infuriate me on this issue and also made anything positive i felt was accomplished in the last shot moderation thread, null and void. i guess i should have known better. oh well...