PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make Amarok connect to a radio station

unknown user
September 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Can someone let me know how to set up a local radio station on Amarok please. I had a try last night and did not have any luck. I know the address that I entered in the URL field works as it is OK in other programs.

tuxulin
September 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
i find Rhythmbox Music Player alot easier to hook up radio stations

Tuxulin

billgoldberg
September 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Can someone let me know how to set up a local radio station on Amarok please. I had a try last night and did not have any luck. I know the address that I entered in the URL field works as it is OK in other programs.

Are you looking to set up your own radion, or connect to a radio station?

I don't know anything about Amorak. But if you need to listn to Shoutcast radio streams, I suggest "bmpx".

If you want to set up your own radio station, take a look here;

http://www.linux.com/feature/131061

unknown user
September 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I am trying to connect to a local radio station with a url that I know works, but Amorak does not want to know.

Therion
September 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I am trying to connect to a local radio station with a url that I know works, but Amorak does not want to know.
When you open the link does the stream play in a separate window, in one of those java-based media stream windows?

If that's the case Amarok may not be able to connect to the station. A lot of my local stations are set up that way for streaming radio. I can set up all sorts of streams from, say, ShoutCast or AOL radio (which is what I do) but my local stations all want to play in those annoying *Java-based Media Streamer Things.

/that's the technical term right there...

prototype_angel
September 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
This might be useful:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=22170

Look for amarok shoutcast servers or amarok streaming server. There are lot of scripts to do the same.