PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE 4.1.1 krfb does not work

warhammerkid
September 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
After starting KDE 4 krfb to allow VNC connections, I connect locally to the computer using krdc and I see an image of the screen at the instant of connection, but it never changes. Repeated VNC connections display the exact same image. Mouse interaction seems like it still works, but the display does not get updated. What am I doing wrong to experience this, because I haven't found any other reports of krfb issues in KDE 4?

cypher35
October 4th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I just wanted to say that I've got the exact same problem... has anyone else gotten kfrb working correctly in kde4?

toucan
November 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Connection is OK and mouse control is OK, but the image is only updated once on the initial connection and then never refreshed. I've tried a couple of different clients... the problem seems to be the server (KRFB)

Anybody managed to get KDE Desktop Sharing working under KDE 4 ?

Steve

kkaal
January 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I have exactly the same problem. Kubuntu 8.10. I am trying to connect to the desktop from Win XP and Vista using the UltraVNC client.

Do we need to file a bug? How would we do that?

rclark33
February 25th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm running Jaunty with the KDE nightly builds, and have found that krfb does not work. The local KDE session works fine, but connecting remotely with VNC is clearly broken.

I started with a Gnome based Ubuntu Jaunty system, and added the optional KDE nightly packages. When running Gnome there are no issues connecting to a Gnome session from either WindowsXP, Windows Vista, or Ubuntu Intrepid or Jaunty.

When the connection to the remote machine is established, I see the KDE desktop, but the colors are random. In addition the applications are also shifted. The mouse appears to track, but it does not make sense to click/select on the distorted display.

Fungyo
March 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
same problem here. found this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork/+bug/301448

anachreon_
April 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
It used to work for me (in Fall 2008), but now that I am using KDE 4.2.x, it no longer works for me. Very frustrating, I hope it gets fixed. Are there any other KDE 4.x remote desktop solutions?

poet_imp
April 30th, 2009, 05:02 AM
This post is #1 in google for "krfb not working Jaunty". I thought I would bump it and see if anybody has found a solution yet.

dale456654
October 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM
No solution in 4 months still? I have the same problem, i really really want this to work.

ciuci
October 30th, 2009, 04:53 PM
same problem here, kubuntu karmic, and i also tried it in jaunty with the same results.... the destkop sharing server clearly does not work... will nobody fix this? is there not any workaround?

Jelloir
January 30th, 2010, 11:33 PM
same problem here, kubuntu karmic, and i also tried it in jaunty with the same results.... the destkop sharing server clearly does not work... will nobody fix this? is there not any workaround?

Please revisit the bug report for a possible workaround...