PDA

View Full Version : question about offering web hosting solutions

Mia_tech
September 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
what would be a best fit if I wanted to offer web hosting services,
get a dedicated server or VPS from an existing web hosting company or get server and bandwidth of my own?

thanks

liquidfire_24
September 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
i would suggest a host that offers you reseller options and includes the the "software" needed to accept credit cards and whatnot. good example http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml or you can pay for other services your choice. just my 2 cents ( also i personally do not use host gator)

Hyperkill
September 4th, 2008, 03:50 AM
I wouldn't suggest doing reseller hosting plans, it really sucks. With so many other people doing it your chances of landing a sale are pretty slim. Most people that are creating a website/buying hosting already have a company in their mind, such as Go Daddy. Overall, the only way it's worthwhile is if you know for sure you have a solid way of bringing in customers. If you're a freelance web designer/programmer this might be a good solution for you.

liquidfire_24
September 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah i have to agree with hyper. My company uses a reseller account only to sell web space and domain names to our clients.

lyceum
September 5th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Your hardware, your rules, their hardware, their rules. Get your own stuff. My 2 cents.

Crafty Kisses
September 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Put it this way it all depends on the host and what not, all about preference.