PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Fresh Hardy install does not always recognize wireless?

Hammock
September 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hi all,

After a botched upgrade from Kubuntu Gutsy, I have been trying to get a fresh install of Kubuntu Hardy to work on my Dell 700m (2GB RAM, 80GB hard drive, dual boot with XP). I am having difficulty configuring my wireless to work under Hardy.

The first time I installed it, the system did not recognize my battery or my wireless. After fighting with it for a while, I gave up and re-installed Hardy. On this second installation, both my battery and wireless were recognized and functioning immediately!

Once everything was working again, I broke my system by trying to encrypt my /home partition. So, I installed Hardy *again*, expecting my hardware to be recognized like they were before. However, this time the battery was recognized but the wireless was not.

KNetworkManager does recognize that I have an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG installed. However, it does not seem to be able to access the wireless to automatically read SSIDs and connect to wireless networks.

Is there a config file or GUI setting somewhere that I can tweak in order to fix this? I'd rather not have to keep re-installing Hardy until everything works again.

Thanks in advance!

-Hammock.