PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] HD TV display resolution?

Zeotronic
September 1st, 2008, 03:44 AM
This seemed like the right section for this... I have a Toshiba HD TV (not sure of the exact model, sorry) which I connect into through a VGA cord. I've been trying to get my computer to display on the whole screen, but the regular resolution has it a good deal short of the full size (and isn't particularly attractive when stretched). I've looked around, both in these Forums and on the internet, and somewhere it was suggested that if my computer was plugged into the display on startup that it would recognize it and allow me access to display resolutions suited to it. When I do this (and mind you i wait for a while to make sure), my TV doesn't recognize the video input. When I plug it back into my computer monitor however its works, and is distorted in a way that rather looks like it was trying to display for a widescreen, like my TV. However, in contrast, when I start it up plugged into my monitor and then connect it to the TV, it recognizes the video (though as previously stated, doesn't give me a good resolution for my TV). What could I do to solve my problem? (mind you that I only have 1 vga port on my computer)

werries
September 1st, 2008, 04:46 AM
what resolution are you going for?

Zeotronic
September 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
what resolution are you going for?
1080i?

werries
September 4th, 2008, 12:41 AM
you need to have a graphics card able to output at 1920 1080 resolution in order to fully use the 1080i tv.

What are your computer specs? especially laptop or desktop, and graphics card.