PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

jockjunior
November 15th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Greeting Ubuntu users,
I am still awaiting delivery of my cd's so I cant try Ubuntu out yet. I'm hoping it will let me escape from Mr. Gates. I'm using win2k at the minute after 'upgrading'? from 98se. i dont want to go the xp route so fingers crossed the cd's arrive soon and I can start to learn about Ubuntu.
cheers

jock

linbetwin
November 15th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Hello, Jock, and welcome!

Can't you just download the CD image and burn it to a CD to avoid waiting for the ordered CDs? It was just a suggestion, I am aware that not everybody has a CD writer or broadband access.

Anyway, I hope those CDs will arrive soon and that you will enjoy your Ubuntu!

ubuntu-geek
November 15th, 2005, 08:31 PM
welcome to the forums..

`GooZ´
November 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Welcome, hope you will enjoy Ubuntu as much as I already do.

jockjunior
November 15th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Hello again
thanks for the welcome. Nope no broadband only dial up . will have to wait patiently :(

using a knoppix cd at the minute to reply to you.

stole external modem from my little bruvver so I can get online with Ubuntu and linux. Only got software modem inside box.

cheers

Jock

canadianwriterman
November 15th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Hello again
thanks for the welcome. Nope no broadband only dial up . will have to wait patiently :(

using a knoppix cd at the minute to reply to you.

stole external modem from my little bruvver so I can get online with Ubuntu and linux. Only got software modem inside box.

cheers

Jock

Is Jock going to have a problem installing without any Internet access? There are those files that download from the Internet during the install. If he uses the Live CD, is that a problem?

ferentix
November 15th, 2005, 10:04 PM
No files need to be downloaded during the install if you have the install CD. I installed Ubuntu just 2/3 days ago on a computer that has NO internet access whatsoever. So no worries :)

Welcome Jock!