PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] installing problems

snowstorm167
August 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
hello all I am haven problems installing and actavating programs on my comp

first program is java 1.0.6 plugin

secound is vmware server

i am useing hardy 64 bit and have tred to install both 32 and 64 bits of these programs to no luck at all

is there a way to have vmware upgrade it's self from the player to server

is there a way to get sun to install the java in our browsers so we don't need to spend months trying to install it

i have tryed all the links refering to the programs at hand and nothing has worked

i have been doing this from root termanil

also a little question off topic but night be handy for all to know is could there be problems with a os because of no sound card at all

Thanks in advance

natirips
August 31st, 2008, 08:42 PM
As for java, what installation method have you used? Have you tried Synaptic?

As for no soundcard at all I can't be 100% sure, but I think you'll have no problems with the OS itself, except not getting any sound whatsoever :|.

snowstorm167
August 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
i have tryed every package installer and the plugin is not on the list

i have the following java installed and working

web start 32 bit version 6 and the plugin maneger with the policy tool as well i also have the 5 version installed

natirips
August 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
i have tryed every package installer and the plugin is not on the list

i have the following java installed and working

web start 32 bit version 6 and the plugin maneger with the policy tool as well i also have the 5 version installed

:) When I asked about the install method I meant like "downloaded from Sun's web site via web browser", "using Synaptic/aptitude" etc..... But never mind. I just thought you maybe didn't know about Synaptic or Add/Remove programs. (My sister recently downloaded Windows Live Messenger and failed to install it via wine in order to get to MSN, instead of just using Pidgin because she didn't know about Pidgin.......)

snowstorm167
August 31st, 2008, 09:20 PM
i need my java for my online gameing to work right so all the help i can get would be very nice

snowstorm167
August 31st, 2008, 11:36 PM
does no one have any ideas

snowstorm167
September 1st, 2008, 10:31 AM
I am at a lose to install my java and need the help can someone plz help

natirips
September 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
I am at a lose to install my java and need the help can someone plz help

This is the only idea I have left, but you've probably already done/tried that already: go to Programs -> Add/Remove programs. Under "Show:" select "All avalible applications" and type "java" into the search box.

And btw, try giving more information about your problems (i.e. "I did *that* like *this* and it told me *someting*" instead of "*That* doesn't work").

snowstorm167
September 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
I have tryed the following ways add/remove programs syntic deb installer termanial and any other installer i can find

it tells me no such pacage or there is something wrong

i have downloaded the files

in case you are wondering i am useing hardy with 512 ram on the 64 bit version my cpu is a p4 ht

snowstorm167
September 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
how can i fix my java plz help me i am trying to learn