View Full Version : [kubuntu] GUI Playlist creator?

August 31st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Two things, first, which may come up in a search (similar to what i had to do to get this info). SPDIF and AAC3 activation.

I tried EVERYTHING I found on here, and on other forums to make my little red light work. Nada. Zilch. Except one little thing, a guy suggested Alsamixer. I installed that, and the GUI, went to the one piece that was shut off (IEC958) and clicked on it.

I saw a red light on my cable and all was good!

I am swapping out my HTPC in the living room (nice Lian Li case.... that does not FIT!) with a shuttle shoebox that is really nice.

Problem is, I would like to get a GUI or easier way than typing this all into a terminal window, that would make a playlist.

With media Player Classic on (I know...) Windows I opened the player, went to open file, and selected the files I wanted to play, in reverse order.

So if you had "Oriental Surf Ninjas" episodes 1-947, you could, if you really wanted to, open them all up once and fall into a vegetative state on the couch with your wireless KB, Stereo remote and several boxes of Cheetos.

Well, maybe not Cheetos.

Anyway, the question still stands, is there any player, or addon for Mplay, that will get this done in a quick and efficient manner or do I have to "mplay 1.avi 2.avi 3.avi" etc etc etc? (Which gets to be a real bugger when they are all on a net share that does not seem to want to stay up between login sessions!!! But that is another matter! ;) )

ANY help would be appreciated guys. I have already tried searcing the forum, the Mplay docs and Googling myself into a state of confusion NOT related to Mr. Collin's Land of Confusion.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks, and Good Night!