PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Screen recorder?

dragos240
August 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know of a good screen recorder for ubuntu, or compatible with wine? I used AVIScreen classic in wine, it works great, but produces quite a bit of lag, is there one that could be less laggy. I tryed record my desktop, but it didnt do the trick. I want my recorder to be clear. I've heard of demorecorder. Is that good? If you guys could help, i'll help you when i can.

~~DRAGOS240~~

lovinglinux
August 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
gtk-recordMyDesktop

it is in the repos

djRobbieF
August 29th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I use xvidcap

Benjaminp
August 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I use RecordMyDesktop

dragos240
August 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I use xvidcap
Thanks! But it dissappears when recording >.<

dragos240
August 29th, 2008, 06:52 PM
:KSSpecial bump:KS

:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

djRobbieF
August 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks! But it dissappears when recording >.<

First, try disabling audio capture before pressing record, and let us know if that stopped it from disappearing.

If that fails, we can create a script for you to help.

dragos240
August 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
First, try disabling audio capture before pressing record, and let us know if that stopped it from disappearing.

If that fails, we can create a script for you to help.
Works now. Besides, it's the video i want, not audio. Thank you very much. Thanked.

djRobbieF
August 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Cheers. You can always capture the audio separately and remix it into the video, if needed. Or, again, we could make a script to make it work. But glad that gave you what you were looking for!!

Ariccanfly
October 24th, 2008, 07:13 PM
script? please do tell?

jdwinfodesign
December 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Bumping the thread to second the request for making audio work.

I would like to do some simple demos, with a voiceover to explain what I am doing as I go along.

Every time I enable audio, xvidcap freezes up. I have the terminal open and there is no output there. I have to Ctrl-Z to stop xvidcap, and its output file is empty.

jakev383
December 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'd like to see how to get audio working with it as well. Are you simply writing a script to fire up the audio recording program at the same time as the desktop recording program? Perhaps even merging them once it's done?
Thanks.