PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sigmatel 92xx playback through MIC

quazi
August 29th, 2008, 05:56 AM
So I'm running a Dell m65 Precision with a Sigmatel STAC9200 chipset with Hardy Heron. I want to be able to run my Wii's audio through my mic port as I was in windows. Thus far I've been unsuccessful.

I've followed the directions given here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=201887&highlight=dell+inspiron+SigmaTel+STAC9200
by adding
options snd-hda-intel model=ref to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

Unfortunately that did nothing. I've checked all the input modes under volume control preferences and still haven't managed to hear anything through the MIC.

quazi
August 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I've heard using OSS 4 is a possible alternative, would that have the potential to solve this issue?

quazi
September 1st, 2008, 03:36 AM
The Sound system in linux is definitely a weakspot in my knowledge, so any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

quazi
September 4th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Well, looks like I'll be stuck switching speaker cables back and forth until Intrepid.

quazi
November 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Intrepid unfortunately hasn't fixed anything, the MIC still doesn't work (and I've made sure it's unmuted).

Ikith
November 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have the same problem with my mic port on a Gatway thats running stac9250 front mic does not work at all.

quazi
November 11th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Ok, this probably isn't the best solution, but I became frustrated enough to try OSS4.1. After a lot of finagleing (and in the process getting annoyed enough to switch back to PS/ALSA and failing to do that), I managed to get line-in working.

If you choose to go this route, I recommend following this guide (although I don't know how to reverse what you do) https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenSound

Running ossxmixer gives you a meaningless menu of gibberish. However, if you fiddle around with it enough, things end up working. If you're interested, I can post an image showing how I have mine set up.