PDA

View Full Version : How to ask a question

pebeco2
August 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I Just registered a few minutes ago. I have not been able to find the procedure for posing a question. Please advise. thanks:

pebeco2

Oldsoldier2003
August 29th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Post your question in the appropriate subforum. Your post should have a descriptive titile of the problem and include any error messages you may have recieved. Try to clearly decsribe the problem and what steps you have done to try and correct it (if any).

If your problem seems hardware related please include your system spec.

nickgaydos
August 29th, 2008, 04:12 AM
I agree with OldSoldier2003.

LaRoza
August 29th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I Just registered a few minutes ago. I have not been able to find the procedure for posing a question. Please advise. thanks:

pebeco2

Well, you found the appropriate forum to ask this question, used a descriptive title and did everything properly, so I don't see a problem.

If you pick a subforum which turns out to be less suitable for the question, it can be moved.

For how to report posts (to get them moved, etc), how to post, and other forum guides, see the "Guide to Forum Features" link in my sig and it is a sticky in this forum.

Also, you shouldn't put your email address out there, spam bots will find it. I will edit it out to save you the headaches.

mips
August 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Some good tips in here, http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html