PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Touch Pad acts weird

Edmin
August 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hi):P

I am quite a new bee to Ubuntu recently moved from windows to Ubuntu. I use a Dell XPS 1530 with Ubuntu 8.04 installed along with vista home edition. Everything has been good since the time i dual booted Ubuntu and Vista. I am facing few issues
1. Touch pad refuses to work :confused:, I am able to use a usb mouse without any problems. How do i enable it? I have tried to check out options under
system - preferences - mouse but couldn't locate any touch pad tab. Would be great if any help could be offered.
2 The next issue i am facing is with my graphic card. I am not sure if 256MD Nvidia 8600M GT graphic card goes well with ubuntu!:rolleyes:
3 Looks like the web cam isn't working too!

ggaaron
August 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM
For the touchpad part, run 'synclient -l' and then 'lshal | grep -i synaptics' in a terminal. First one should give quite much of output - if it does then your touchpad works (or should work/can be configured to work). Second should search your detected devices for synaptics (you can also try with alps).

plettpc
November 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hi):P

I am quite a new bee to Ubuntu recently moved from windows to Ubuntu. I use a Dell XPS 1530 with Ubuntu 8.04 installed along with vista home edition. Everything has been good since the time i dual booted Ubuntu and Vista. I am facing few issues
1. Touch pad refuses to work :confused:, I am able to use a usb mouse without any problems. How do i enable it? I have tried to check out options under
system - preferences - mouse but couldn't locate any touch pad tab. Would be great if any help could be offered.
2 The next issue i am facing is with my graphic card. I am not sure if 256MD Nvidia 8600M GT graphic card goes well with ubuntu!:rolleyes:
3 Looks like the web cam isn't working too!
Solved! Add i8042.nomux=1 to your kernel line in grub.