PDA

View Full Version : Calling all kind hearted UK ubuntu users!

Pedricko
November 14th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Hey all.

I dont mean to sound rude, but this only applies to the UK users.

You see, I'm in a bit of a jam, without a single CD to burn a copy of Breezy too... and what makes it worse, due to an unfortunate harddrive accident, I've been forced into using a version of Damn Small Linux...

I know its rude to ask, but could one of you kind souls out there please please please burn me a copy of Breezy Badger (maybe two to be sure incase one errors) to get my computer usuable?

I will refund your debt (20p for a cd and around 70 for postage?) via postal order, if you so wish and please try to understand this is a quite desperate plea, as I am running the risk of having the broadband cut hence no chance to download... and the DSL distro aint exactly helping with its random closures of firefox and no bittorent client...

Please PM me if you are serious about helping a guy stuck in a rut, and I will give you my address to send to... this is desperate!

*sorry to sound so pitiful but I miss GNOME dammit*

dotdot
November 14th, 2005, 08:49 PM
hey man drop me your postcode and Ill sort it.

..cheers

xequence
November 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
hey man drop me your postcode and Ill sort it.

..cheers

This is what ubuntu is about =) Humanity towards others.

Pedricko
November 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah I was going to use that if I needed to bump the thread (sorry mods this is desperate!) something along the lines of:

"C'mon guys, humanity to others for crying out loud!"

The ubuntu community restored my faith in man kind and helping other people.

Heh imagine this:

"Hey can someone send me a burnt copy of Windows XP" *sound of microsoft secret police breaking the door down*

GeneralZod
November 14th, 2005, 10:00 PM
If the worst comes to the worst, you can always pick up a copy on ebay.co.uk :)

ssam
November 14th, 2005, 10:05 PM
i pm'd Pedricko, but someone beat me to it.

maybe we could have a forum specially for this sort of thing.

shipit is not perfect for everyone, and lots of people must have spare shipit cds.

i offered some of my ship cds on the manchester freecycle (http://www.freecycle.org/), and have had a few takers.

Pedricko
November 14th, 2005, 10:27 PM
How about an Ubuntu swap shop? Lmao

endy
November 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM
You can have one of my shipit cds if you still need one, just PM me your address :)

Pedricko
November 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM
You can have one of my shipit cds if you still need one, just PM me your address :)
Thanks for the offer, but I have already sourced a sender, although a Shipit CD would be nice also... Just to keep in a safe place as a backup so I never get into this silly situation ever again.