PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] purple name/ hacker

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Iknow that the only way to get a purple name is by hacking, but exactly what must i do for one. not as much for the name, but for the knowledge of how to do it. I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR A PURPLE NAME~!!!!

schauerlich
August 26th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Cross posting is not recommended. See the thread in OMGPP

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 12:26 AM
yah, after I made that I kinda realized it belonged here...
sorry

schauerlich
August 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM
yah, after I made that I kinda realized it belonged here...
sorry

If you click the report button in the bottom left corner of the post, then you can send a note to a mod asking them to move the thread to the appropriate subforum and it will usually be taken care of within a few minutes if a mod thinks action needs to be taken.

Lorelei-
August 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I have to wonder why you want to know how to achieve it unless you have a malicious intent in mind? seriously, so you could change your username to purple, big deal (not). The only 'real' reason I can see for why you would want to know how to hack the servers (any servers for that matter) is to either do something illegal (or more illegal than just hacking) or to maliciously mess up someone's system. Either is not a good thing and not to be encouraged or sought after.

Joeb454
August 26th, 2008, 01:48 AM
It doesn't exist ;)

I guess if you hack the forums but don't do anything whatsoever and report it to the staff, you may get given a purple name...

LaRoza
August 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
It doesn't exist ;)

I guess if you hack the forums but don't do anything whatsoever and report it to the staff, you may get given a purple name...

Yeah, at least know that someone was reading my guide!

The Purple name is a joke, because anyone with a purple name (at this point in time) has been able to crack the site.

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I have to wonder why you want to know how to achieve it unless you have a malicious intent in mind? seriously, so you could change your username to purple, big deal (not). The only 'real' reason I can see for why you would want to know how to hack the servers (any servers for that matter) is to either do something illegal (or more illegal than just hacking) or to maliciously mess up someone's system. Either is not a good thing and not to be encouraged or sought after.

It doesn't exist ;)

Yeah, at least know that someone was reading my guide!

The Purple name is a joke, because anyone with a purple name (at this point in time) has been able to crack the site.

I realize all of the above. and as to lorelei,
I am the most curios person you will ever meet. I would never do anything with malicious intent, (unless minor tweaks like purple names are malicious-after all- it was suggested....) but just the knowledge.
and also, as joeb said, I could just do it to prove I could, then get my purple. But all in all, How can I learn to do it???

EDIT: to lorelei

exapmle: at school, which is very security conscious, I have gotten past every restriction, blocker, protocol, and even password. yet have never actually broken the rules or used any of the holes I created. I just liked the challenge to see if i could do it aka I love hackthissite.com type things P.S. never have gotten far on hackthissite...

jpeddicord
August 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM
But all in all, How can I learn to do it???

Very carefully. Also see the post below this one.

schauerlich
August 26th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I am the most curios person you will ever meet. I would never do anything with malicious intent, (unless minor tweaks like purple names are malicious-after all- it was suggested....) but just the knowledge.
and also, as joeb said, I could just do it to prove I could, then get my purple. But all in all, How can I learn to do it???

That's outside the scope of these forums. There are plenty of other places to read up on illegal activity.

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 03:32 AM
GAH as I am trying to say. I will not do anything Illegal--I JUST WANT THE KNOWLEDGE!!! GWAH! let me rephrase my question to remove any technically correct answers.

What must I do to learn to hack into servers.

P.S. how did you know to say see post below?

cyberdork33
August 26th, 2008, 04:23 AM
GAH as I am trying to say. I will not do anything Illegal--I JUST WANT THE KNOWLEDGE!!! GWAH! let me rephrase my question to remove any technically correct answers.

What must I do to learn to hack into servers.That type of information is not just handed out anywhere, and rightfully so since the knowledge could be easily used for malicious intent. Even "hacking" site with no malicious intent is still considered illegal in many places. Think of it as electronic trespassing. Thus, this type of discussion will not be had here. Good luck in your search for information.

The forum gods are all-knowing.

LaRoza
August 26th, 2008, 04:32 AM
and also, as joeb said, I could just do it to prove I could, then get my purple. But all in all,

Here is how you get a purple name; do it yourself. If you can't, you aren't a "hacker".

How can I learn to do it???

First rule of hackerdom is to figure it out yourself. There are no easy paths.

LaRoza
August 26th, 2008, 04:35 AM
What must I do to learn to hack into servers.

You must learn how.

If you want others to tell you, you are going in with the wrong mentality. It is like asking "how do I be creative?"

(Don't try to get into this forum, you won't succeed ;))

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 04:44 AM
well, can I have one tip to get the ball rolling?

P.S.
HOW ARE THE FORUM GODS ALL kNOWING?

LaRoza
August 26th, 2008, 04:47 AM
well, can I have one tip to get the ball rolling?

P.S.
HOW ARE THE FORUM GODS ALL kNOWING?

No tip. That wouldn't be hacking (even if I knew how, I still wouldn't tell you).

Because we are.

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 05:06 AM
well, thank you!

And that concludes this thread, tune in next week for the exiting sequel-"how do I change LaRoza's avatar so the statue is wearing a purple hat?"

Elfy
August 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
statue :shock: that's no statue - that's one of the forum servers

jpeddicord
August 26th, 2008, 02:24 PM

EDavidBurg is just that predictable. :mrgreen:

Canis familiaris
August 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
There are plenty of other places to read up on illegal activity.

Hacking != Illegal
Cracking == Illegal

Even when you are changing a configuration file in a program in your PC and make it work as it was not supposed to, it is also called as hacking.
And BTW Hcacking sites like hackthissite or whatever is not illegal AFAIK.

jpeddicord
August 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Hacking != Illegal
Cracking == Illegal

Even when you are changing a configuration file in a program in your PC and make it work as it was not supposed to, it is also called as hacking.

It really depends on how the term is used. Hacking your own system for benefit is legal, hacking someone else's without their permission is not. Yes, the technical term is cracking, not hacking, but the latter is more commonly used today for both meanings.

schauerlich
August 27th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Hacking != Illegal
Cracking == Illegal

I know the difference between the two. However, what he was asking for advice on doing was illegal.

Lorelei-
August 27th, 2008, 12:26 AM
so to summarise here: aiming to hack into anyone systems that isn't your own is illegal. Therefore you hacking your schools system means you have committed an offense and are thus setting yourself up for potential trouble if someone wished to check up on your computer activity.

Best advice: just don't hack anyone else's system. And get over the whole purple name thing.

hyperhopper
August 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I kinda actually told the schools computer-admin about it and suggested ways to fix the flaw... didnt get in trouble.....

Steveway
August 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
If you want to know how to break security then you need to know how to make something secure.
Also don't ask me for anything deeper, I don't really know neither, my only protection is that I'm not stupid (well, not really stupid).

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It doesn't exist ;)

lol!!!!

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM
how come i suggest something illegal and got a 2point infraction when this thread doesnt get closed or an infraction i dnt get it

Joeb454
August 30th, 2008, 03:34 PM
how come i suggest something illegal and got a 2point infraction when this thread doesnt get closed or an infraction i dnt get it

This isn't the place to discuss your infraction. You have started a thread in the Resolution Center, please discuss it there.

You also posted several times in a row in another thread here, about your infraction, I have a good mind to remove these, or place them in your RC thread.