PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Is there a BT client that can be configured from bash

Mikey7047
August 25th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Just as the title says, I am looking for a bittorrent client that I can load at startup of Ubuntu on a headless machine, and then be able to change download/upload speed caps, etc. from the command line.

The other option I would like would be for the client to scan a directory for new torrents and automatically begin downloading.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I figure this would be the best place to ask it.

Joeb454
August 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I've never used it myself, but I think you could get rtorrent :)

lswb
August 25th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Just search for "torrent" in synaptic and you'll find lots of choices, for the ultimate it looks like "torrentflux" but that is probably overkill.

Nepherte
August 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Just as the title says, I am looking for a bittorrent client that I can load at startup of Ubuntu on a headless machine, and then be able to change download/upload speed caps, etc. from the command line.

The other option I would like would be for the client to scan a directory for new torrents and automatically begin downloading.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I figure this would be the best place to ask it.
That is exactly what rtorrent can do.

Mikey7047
August 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
rtorrent installed with a wtorrent frontend working like a charm!

duhd
October 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
rTorrent is the perfect choice. I have used it for several years and i love it. Here is a quick howto (for debian, but ubuntu works the same way) that helps you setup rtorrent with web frontend wtorrent and samba for filesharing to other clients

http://flipsidereality.com/blog/linux/rtorrent-with-wtorrent-on-debian-etch-complete-howto/