PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] deleted uninstall-ubuntu.exe

kmm_tm
August 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I already deleted the partition with Ubuntu in it. The problem is, the scree that asks me what I'd like to download's still there.

I have two options:

1) Somehow get a new "ubuntu-unintstall.exe" (searched. Can't find one)
2) Delete "wubildr" and "wubildr.mbr" from the C:/ drive

unless there's another way.

hopkinsjeni
August 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Are you trying to delete Ubuntu from windows? If you are you should be able to uninstall by going to control panel > add/remove and delete ubuntu from there.

Exiled_Zealot
September 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Are you trying to delete Ubuntu from windows? If you are you should be able to uninstall by going to control panel > add/remove and delete ubuntu from there.

Yeah... So I have installed Ubuntu inside Windows XP Home... I cannot load it, although it does show up in my boot loader and in my boot.ini file. So I decided that I would uninstall it and reinstall using the Demo and Full Installation. But! I cannot uninstall using add/remove programs or the uninstall exe on my external HDD. As a result, I am debating weither or not to just delete the ubuntu files off of my external and then the two files off of my C:\ drive. Will this mess anything up? I will also be deleting it from my boot.ini file. So my question is, is there anything else that I need to delete to get ubuntu off of my computer completely?

On another note, what format does Ubuntu need to be installed, Fat, Fat32, or NTFS? Currently my external is in Fat32.

Exiled_Zealot
September 9th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Bumping for information on above post...

Thanks in advance!