PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Lock Screen shows different country

YldGuy
August 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
When i lock my screen and try to login after that, the login window shows USA next to the password box. When i click on it, it toggles between 'USA' and '?'. My time zone is Asia/Kolkatta. So it must be showing IND right? or does 'USA' stand for something else? is it the password clue or something?!

porchrat
August 24th, 2008, 11:36 AM
That just means you have a USA keyboard layout.

Has nothing to do with which country you're in.

porchrat
August 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
You can make sure it still thinks you're on India time by clicking on the date and clock thing in the top right corner then going to 'edit' then pressing 'time settings'

Should say which timezone you're in at the top

YldGuy
August 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
That just means you have a USA keyboard layout.

Has nothing to do with which country you're in.

oh.. hehe... cool. i will try changing the keyboard layout and see. i don't see the need for this "extra" information while i log back in. I can't change the keyboard layout anyway at that point.

porchrat
August 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
oh.. hehe... cool. i will try changing the keyboard layout and see. i don't see the need for this "extra" information while i log back in. I can't change the keyboard layout anyway at that point.

I agree seems kind of pointless. Maybe it's so that you don't put in the wrong password if the machine is setup to use some really strange keyboard layout keyboard layout or something...who knows