PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help me plz cannot find grldr plz help!!!!!!

Mr newb
August 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Ok today I downloaded the latest version of ubuntu extracted it with winrar and ran wubi which installed linux. Then at the end of the installation I restarted my computer when I select ubuntu in the boot manager here is what comes up:

Try (hd0,0): FAT16: no GRLDR
Try (hd0,1): NTFS5: 3
Try (hd0,2): invalid or null
Try (hd0,3): invalid or null
Try (fd0): invalid or null
Error: cannot find GRLDR in all drive. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.

Ok so my computer is an hp with windows vista premium 512mb of ram 160gb hardrive. I am not a super genius with computer I know that basic, I just need to know how to fix it because I have tried ubuntu before and it was FANTASTIC very great.
If it helps here are some screen pictures.

Here is what my computer looks like:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/ilovemonkey4life/comp.jpg

Here is my ubuntu folder located at C:\ubuntu

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/ilovemonkey4life/ubuntu.jpg

This post has been moved to the wubi section twice I dont know why, and by the way I have defragmented my hard drive, no help, I have download another version of wubi, no help. The only thing I havent done is create a bootable cd which idk how to do.

Thank you for reading PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO UBUNTU
BTW I AM NOT THAT SMART SO PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE.:confused:

overdrank
August 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
This post has been moved to the wubi section twice I dont know why, and by the way I have defragmented my hard drive, no help, I have download another version of wubi, no help. The only thing I havent done is create a bootable cd which idk how to do.

Thank you for reading PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO UBUNTU
BTW I AM NOT THAT SMART SO PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE.:confused:

Hi and the post has been moved to wubi to better support. The second thread was merged because of two threads on the same issue. Now I have lock the third thread on the same issue. You can just bump your original thread for more assistants.
I believe the issue is that you are extracting the iso with win rar. Have you tried to download the ISO and burn like the links have been provided. Then you may able to install as the Wubi site instructs.