PDA

View Full Version : I have a computer that when I go to turn it on...

Lord Xeb
August 24th, 2008, 03:01 AM
it turns off 2 seconds later. I do not know what is causing this. What do you think. It is an old ClientPro (I will get the model later)

Mateo
August 24th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Probably the power supply.

OutOfReach
August 24th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Maybe a bad power supply, that's what happened to my old computer, the power supply got semi-burned out and it turned on but then off 5 seconds later.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Agreed. Either the PSU or the Mobo. Check for leaking or blown capacitors on the mobo. If you find one, it is bad. A bad capacity will either have stuff leaking out of the top or bottom, or a bulge on the "X" on the top... but this sounds more like a PSU issue.

I suggest mobo because I had two computers with a similar problem: You could turn it on, but nothing special would happen. The fans would spin, you could open the CD drives, but that was it. No output, no input. One of them had a bad mobo, one a bad PSU.

Lord Xeb
August 24th, 2008, 04:07 AM
It is the PSU because the the mobo is fine... I think. The only thing it really needs is a new PSU and maybe some more ram. IDK. but my friend will have a new computer (or I can give it to someone else who could use it)