PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Has anyone ever expierenced this?

mattcadu
August 24th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Crackling and Popping, Kind like static i guess,coming out of my speakers while i play music. Every Audio Program i use... its the same thing, except for Frostwire. Frostwire is the only program i can use and it sounds fine.

zamadatix
August 24th, 2008, 02:18 AM
i had this when it was my speakers but if frostwire works idk. is this jsut in ubuntu?

sharks
August 24th, 2008, 02:20 AM
No. I have this problem in Ubuntu and Windows. I think its a kind of sound card problem.

mattcadu
August 24th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Thats Interesting.

thebigbluecan
August 24th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Wireless Card... I had the same problem on my test computer. It was soo annoying. Do you have a wireless card or wireless near it? Also when the wifi was off and I put my cellphone near the computer it would do it.

Edit: I had a PCI soundcard and I took it out and used the motherboard sound and it didn't do it anymore.

oldsoundguy
August 24th, 2008, 02:30 AM
yea, lots of times .. when there is a loose connection somewhere in the signal chain. First thing you check on stage AND with your computer. Next is to check the cord(s). (try swapping them out with new ones)
USUALLY software is NOT the issue .. software either works or it does NOT work.

mattcadu
August 24th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I dont use a wireless card

thebigbluecan
August 24th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Have you tried headphones or different speakers?

mattcadu
August 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM
im gonna try that right now

OutOfReach
August 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I had this Intrepid, but of course it's Alpha. But I have never had it anywhere else.

seagullplayer77
August 24th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Only time I've ever had audio problems like that is if I'm using some sort of JACK-related audio app and it gets overloaded. It'll pop or crackle then, but that's pretty atypical if you set JACK up right and it usually happens when recording, not during playback. Just my two cents' worth.

vikramaditya
August 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Have you tried twisting/jiggling the jack in your card's output port?