PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Songs and Videos not working due to sound error

Ketson
August 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
All of a sudden my music and videos wont play due to a sound error i believe i have ran totem through the terminal and this is the response i get.

ketson@ketson-laptop:~$ totem
pulsesink.c(411): gst_pulsesink_prepare (): /play/abin/audiosinkbin/audio-sink/bin6/autoaudiosink1/autoaudiosink1-actual-sink-pulse

nitro_n2o
August 23rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
did you remove alsa or something by mistake.. like when you update the system it might say "those package will be REMOVED" you should watch out for these

check that you still have alsmixer by typing
alsamixer
in the terminal

also to see if the sound working and it is not a "totem" problem type
speaker-test
in the terminal, you should hear some noise

Ketson
August 23rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
both of these are coming up with positive results the sound test came up with white noise and alsamixer had 100/100 for Master and PCM and 0/100 for the other 3 im assuming that that is correct. I have reinstalled both totem and rhythmbox with no change. Any other suggestions?

Ketson
August 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM
have just found that videos are working with VLC player with sound but are running fast the same with mplayer, although mplayer is giving an error warning at the start. is there anyone that has had this problem or knows what to do?

tipiglen
August 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm having the same problem, but only with sound. Videos seem OK, though one particular mpeg (from an email attachment) is frame-by-frame slow...

I'll get back here if I find a fix

Salaam/Shalom/Shanthi/Dorood/Peace
Namaste -ed

tipiglen
August 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
The problem disappears if I reboot into the previous version of the kernel

See this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=865253&highlight=invalid+argument+sound

Good luck
ed