PDA

View Full Version : Hello Girls!

Ms_Angel_D
August 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Just wanted to say hi to all the other ladies who besides myself are enjoying the Ubuntu scene and introduce myself.

My Name is Angel I'm a 32 yr old Wife and Mother of 3 and am the extended families resident "HEY CAN YOU FIX MY COMPUTER I SCREWED IT UP!?!?!" person. Ive been dual-booting Ubuntu for a few months now, before that I was using it on Virtualbox. I'm really enjoying using and learning it. So much so that I'm planning for my next computer purchase to come with Ubuntu Pre-installed.

So here's to geeky sisterhood!

elizabeth
August 24th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Welcome Angel! Always a treat to welcome more women into the Ubuntu community :)

Very exciting to hear your next purchase might be an Ubuntu PC - a lot of places are selling them now. Are you familiar with ZaReason.com ? Aside from being awesome, the company is owned by a woman and they have a lot of very reasonably priced Linux PCs. I'll probably be getting my next laptop from them.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I am not female, but welcome to the forum! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your Ubuntu experience. I would recommend Dell Ubuntu PC's or system76. System76 is pretty good. See system76.com, and welcome to the forums!:popcorn:

Ms_Angel_D
August 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, Elizabeth No I wasn't familiar with ZaReason.com I'll definitly look into it, as well as system76 damis. Thanks again and look forward to chatting with ya!

P.S. Damis648 I LOL'd @ your signature

damis648
August 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
P.S. Damis648 I LOL'd @ your signature

Thanks, but I didn't write it. :popcorn: I just found it on some random site.

pony
October 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I am a big fan of virtual box and my mom is a mother of three. My two sisters and I.:grin:

Sef
October 21st, 2009, 02:19 AM
Closed. Necromancing.