PDA

View Full Version : Converted a few more...

bubba_169
August 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
First my parents, after having signal problems with the wireless and windows constantly dropping the signal they asked me to try anything to get it working ... so I installed Ubuntu (admittedly from wubi but its all good :-)) Theyve been using their computer more and more since so it must be working...

And while I was installing ubuntu my dad asked, "Have you started it yet? I thought you had to open the computer up to do it?" Imagine if that was true...

Oh yeah I converted my girlfriend too (wubi again)

And to finish it all of I want to praise the WUBI guys n gals for making ubuntu accessible to more people than ever before!

Spike-X
August 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
And while I was installing ubuntu my dad asked, "Have you started it yet? I thought you had to open the computer up to do it?"

I guess he was thinking of the more traditional definition of 'installing'.

Imagine if that was true...

"Okay, you gotta turn this crank here, jiggle that doohickey over there, flick the switch on the whatchamacallit, and she'll fire right up!"

MaxIBoy
August 22nd, 2008, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna have to open my desktop up, my hard drive doesn't really have room for a partition of usable proportions.

speedwell68
August 23rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
I have recently converted my Father to Linux Mint 5. A very easy for a noob distro it is too. He was thinking of getting a new laptop as Windoze had become so slow. He isn't going to bother now as Mint 5 has made in so quick in comparison.