PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvtv questions

sithpigeon
August 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hi, I've been trying to use my computer to watch movies and tv shows on my tv. My tv is rather old (it's a "tube", big black box) and I found nvtv to work quite well. But, I have two problems. 1. After about five minutes with the tv being used as a cloned monitor the pixels on the right side of the tv start to turn yellow. I assume this is because the frequency is to high and they're burning . It goes away after I turn it off but I need to know how to prevent it from happening. 2. When I try to watch a dvd the picture gets shifted way to the right in totem and vlc and you can't see it. It seems it has something to do with the monitor position because if I raise the h-position it fixes it. The down side is my monitor gets a really bad blue tint witch I assume shouldn't happen. If anyone knows how to fix these problems that would be great.

sithpigeon
August 22nd, 2008, 11:49 PM
bump

sithpigeon
August 23rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
Alright I really need to know how to keep the pixels from changing to yellow after 5 minutes because I'm pretty sure it's bad for the screen. Does anybody know how to fix this? Please?