PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Recently lost sound after suspending

wimmelis
August 22nd, 2008, 01:25 AM
Dear all,

In order to safe power at night, I generally put my machine to suspend. Now in the beginning it said there was a problem doing so when I woke it up again, but everything seemed to work fine, so I did not understand why it was complaining.
Since about a week now, if I wake my machine again, then whatever I try, I cannot get any sound out of machine until I have rebooted it completely.
I kind of fear that one of the automatic updates has caused it.
Anyone with similar experience or clues ?

Thanks,

Wim

smile me
August 22nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Well
being totally new at ubuntu I am experiencing the same peoblem but I found a "solution" to it.
When I start up my computer and the password screen appears and I hear the bongo sound, I can use my audio and MIDI sequencers like lmms and fruity loops under Wine.
When I did not hear that sound I know I have to keep rebooting until I hear the bongo sound and then everything should be ok.
Rythmbox always works
When you don't hear the sound I think it's best to completely start up your Ubuntu and then shut down completely before starting up again.
I know, but that's my experience so far....

wimmelis
August 27th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Well, rhythmbox does not always work for me, it is actually the only audio application I currently use, and therefore also the one I have problems with.