PDA

View Full Version : Quicken Premier 2008

smn8600
August 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Unless someone has been able to get Quicken 2008 to run properly under wine, does anyone know of a good alternative? Quicken installs great, but after you choose a file or start a new one and the program launches, it crashes immediately.

If anyone knows of a linux alternative with a nice calender similar to quicken's, i'd greatly apreciate it.

Thanks allot,

thomasbaker
August 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
I do have quicken 2008 running with the current codeweavers crossover office. However the account updates do not work, since the registration is still broke. I can download transactions from my banks website.

Don9307
November 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I've also used Crossover Chrome to load Quicken 2008 Premium on my Ubuntu 8.10 box. I was also successful in loading the Quicken update from version 3 to version 9; however, when I attempted to create a new file, the program crashed for me as well. Interestingly, there seems to be no trace of the Quicken program on my PC. It's like the program installed and version updated totally in a virtual C:/ drive with no way to access the application once it crashed. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

hikaricore
November 27th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I hate to sound like a tool, but did you check the hidden .wine folder in your home directory where WINE stores it's programs and data?