PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MSI Megabook Gx600: Internal speakers dont shut up when pluggin in headphones

Wauzl
August 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hello Forum,

I'm using a MSI Mesgabook Gx600 and the problem is, that I want to hear the sound only EITHER from the internal speakers OR from my headphones, but when I plug them into the headphones-jack, my internal speakers go on playing sounds.

The notebook has a hda-intel sound card with an ALC888 codec.

I have the latest alsa-base, drivers and utils running.
I added to my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base the following line:

options snd-hda-intel model=auto
and the same without "options" to /etc/modules
I tried more configurations, I tried targa-dig and targa-2chan-dig, too.
I also tried using some other mixers bzw. soundservers like PulseAudio, ESD and OSS.

I hope that anyone has some idea to fix this problem...

gre und so

Wauzl

Im coming from figuring out, that I can control the volume in the Mixers, but it seems to be like that, that all rulers are mutiplied and set the sound level for the outputs, so when I turn the ruler for headphones down, the sound with is lower on the internal speakers AND the headphones. Same for the "front" and "PCM" -rulers.

levidos
December 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
yeah, i have the same problem with my MSI EX600X-251EU notebook, intel high definition audio with alc888 codec on ubuntu 8.10 x86. did you figure how to fix the problem?

this headphone problem is fixed by adding the options snd-hda-intel model=targa-2ch-dig line to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base .
unfortunately after plugging in the front, rear and lfe+center jacks of my speakers into the notebook, i don't know how to tell the mixer to use them and send 5.1 sound.

Wauzl
December 2nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks levidos,

I already stopped searching for a solution. I actually did try lots of models but not this one..

It works fine after I changed the channel I can control with my keyboard to "Master" (it was PCM-2 and I could only mute or full-sound it).

Just one little problem rests: when I now mute the sound with the keyboard (Fn+F9 on my Megabook) and then un-mute it the sound comes from the internal speakers AND the external. It works fine when I replug the jack..

[EDIT] Dunno really why it firstly didnt work, now, I changed the channel I can control with my keyboard to PCM, now everythings fine.

PS: I don't have a 5.1-soundcard, so I cannot help you..
But I found this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=871370): maybe you can try
3stack-6ch
For this guy this 2 options worked, he's got the same codec.. So good luck![\EDIT]

levidos
December 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM
neah, unfortunately it's not working as it should. in volume control there are "Surround", "Center" and "LFE" sliders, but if i plug a headphone in the purple or blue holes, i can;t hear anything. I also have to *UN*check the headphone switch to mute the internal speakers of the notebook.

mfG,
Levi

levidos
December 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
my experience is that targa-2ch-dig is working better with this MSI EX-600X notebook.