PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Creative x-fi expresscard notebook

tomehb
August 21st, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had got the CREATIVE X-FI EXPRESSCARD NOTEBOOK, working with Ubuntu 8.04. I found one post and no one had according to that post. I already have the card, so it would be nice to know if anyone had got the card working ?

Cheers

Thomas

motang
August 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM
Well I bought a Creative X-Fi card when I built my new desktop and greatly disappointed as it didn't work. I was also a bit pissed at Creative as I got the Express (if I remember correctly) which is pretty much a rebranded Audigy. I returned it promptly and bought a Turtle Beach Riviera. I am sorry that I am not of help, all I can say is good luck as Creative isn't very friendly to us Linux folks.

stfur
November 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
What about using wine?

Is there any possibility to use x-fi notebook card in ubuntu 8.10, even without crystalizer etc - just as a simple 2.1 sound card?

tomehb
March 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
I've tried all sorts, but maybe I've just been unlucky but haven't got it working yet.... I will try with Wine next, but that's a route I really did not want to take....

vladsinger
July 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
This, and the newer revision that I have, are likely never to be supported by Linux. Too small a user base for them (even overall), and Creative doesn't really give a damn about open source.

nishant.singh28
July 7th, 2009, 10:45 AM
use oss. it works fine. go to ubuntu online help and follow the steps for oss version 4 installation.my soundblaster works well
:KS

Sadaiyappan
October 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
What is OSS? Please tell me what OSS is?