PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Amarok crashes and logs out on startup

jnbptst
August 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy on a Thinkpad T61. I was using Amarok with great success until a few days ago a problem occurred and won't go away.

When I launch Amarok, I get the splash screen, then the icon in the notification bar, so far OK.

But when I click on the icon on the notification bar to open the window, the Amarok crashes and logs me out. I just get the Ubuntu login window...

what should I do?

thanks in advance

jtreach
October 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hey have you sorted it because i have the same problem.

Streach
October 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hey have you sorted it because i have the same problem.

sorry this was me my brother had logged on with my computer and i am telling you this so i get the email if someone replies. Thanks

jnbptst
October 28th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I sorted this problem out but don't remember how exactly... I think that if you right click on the Amarok icon in the system tray and chose "play" THEN left click on the icon to launch the main window, it doesn't crash.

Let me know if that works.

lifestream
October 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Hmmm strange.
I got the same thing happening to me with Kopete. I had just installed it, and chatted with my friend, then closed kopete so that only the system tray icon was left.
When I received a new IM, I clicked the "View message" pop up, and before the window with the message came up, X went down to login screen.

I run gnome, and that's the only kde app I had installed. Not sure if it's got anything to do with that.
I used to run kde programs in gnome just fine.