PDA

View Full Version : Nakido Free File Hosting: Your Experience?

Bungo Pony
August 20th, 2008, 10:25 PM
A couple weeks ago, I started looking into a place where I could host large files for free. I decided to try Nakido.

http://www.nakido.com/

Bad News: Nakido requires you to install a piece of "flag" software to use their service

Good News: They wrote a Linux version.

I installed the "flag" software. It runs, the site finds it running on my system, but uploads go for infinity (in other words, nothing uploads).

I tried using the site in Windows. The "Flag" software won't even install.

Has anybody had success using this site?

overdrank
August 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Moved :)

c933103
April 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Is there anybody know why i can't run the linux version and debian linux version of nakido flag on ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix live usb?
P.S. I can upload file to nakido without using nakido flag.

techmech88
November 24th, 2010, 08:11 PM
DONT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY !!!!!!!!!

I PAID $19 for 1 month of VIP priviledges (i.e. CAN DOWLOAD) and after their servers shut me out for three full days becuase they were 'TOO FULL' I cancelled the subscription, with my previous payment decidedly completed, and now they shut me out of VIP ???!?!?!?!](*,)

BOTTOM LINE IS THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT & SHIFTY BUGGERS AT THAT !!!!

Nakagawa
January 15th, 2011, 05:22 AM
so bad? I thought will let you download unlimited things from the site at 10times the speed of normal users.

strixstrigoi
June 10th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I suggest Toofiles.com. It's free and have large storage space.

midtown292
February 10th, 2012, 11:50 PM
You have to have the PayPal subscription active to remain a member of Nakido - i.e. if they know they won't get more money next month you don't get to download. It is worth the money if you need to download quickly, but otherwise its too much.

robsoles
February 11th, 2012, 03:17 AM
The only tip I can suggest for anybody thinking of giving any file hosting/sharing site money for extra/better service is to try to research their customer complaints using Google.

If half of what you can find in Google about them, in terms of 3rd party review or complaints, does not put you off them and the other half doesn't have seriously meaningful flags to you then they are probably at least trying to be legit with at least remotely reasonable servers behind them.

If you can't find mention of them at all or all you can find is "beware" type evil warnings etc etc then it is either too undefined (no results!!???) or too clearly defined as to why you aren't going to give them any payment details whatso-ever.