PDA

View Full Version : For Music Lovers

wondering_jew
November 13th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Hey everybody :)
A friend of mine turned me on to this website
http://www.pandora.com ,
its basically a internet radio type site only it makes a station for you based on an artist or song that you say you like then it searches for songs and artist that are similar based on several different criteria and you just sit back and listen. I had it make stations for some pretty obscure indie type bands and it gave me some absolutely wonderful bands i've never heard of... I was so impressed I thought I'd share.

BTW anyone going to or been to any good shows lately... the next one I'm for sure going to is the Dandy Warhols in Denver in the begining of December

etc
November 13th, 2005, 06:28 AM
This is a great service.
Is there any integration plugin or something for amarok or banshee or a different media player? If not, is there a different service like Pandora that there is a plugin for such a media player?

raublekick
November 13th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I saw Chromelodeon play as Sprite Slowdown last night, and I'm goint to see Captured By Robots on Monday. The next show after that will probably be the Minibosses/Chromelodeon/etc... at MAGfest 4

Malphas
November 13th, 2005, 08:33 AM
By some bizarre co-incidence, a friend of mine showed that site to me earlier today also. It's pretty boss.

ferentix
November 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Brilliant! Heard some Yes that I've never heard before, and some other stuff I've never heard before... really cool!

didit
November 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
OMG!! it's magnificent!!

zenrox
November 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
nice site
any one like techno robzombie
let me know ill give you a invite to listen to my station

starscalling
November 13th, 2005, 09:31 AM
hai! *raises hand for invite* :P

good score on the pandora one too :) though i really miss my winamp mp station list :/

darkoptix
November 13th, 2005, 11:03 AM
This is great, I'm finding out about music that relates to some of my favorite bands!

Keffin
November 13th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Wow! This is absolutely amazing. Thanks for the link :D.

nidron
November 13th, 2005, 11:48 AM
This looks nice... Great idea!

`GooZ´
November 13th, 2005, 12:38 PM
For the same purpose i use http://www.last.fm (my page (http://www.last.fm/user/megooz/)) It is also integrated in AmaroK, and it has plugins for XMMS, Rhythmbox, ...

Any good concerts recently:
Yesterday I went to see 'the Hackensaw Boys', it was one of the greatest concerts in months :-)

gabhla
November 13th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Howdy...this is great! I'm an old coot and even I like it. Listening now. Thanks!

Stroganoff
November 13th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I just want to say hello everybody. :-)

`GooZ´
November 13th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forums :-)

etc
November 15th, 2005, 01:58 AM
For the same purpose i use http://www.last.fm (my page (http://www.last.fm/user/megooz/)) It is also integrated in AmaroK, and it has plugins for XMMS, Rhythmbox, ...

Any good concerts recently:
Yesterday I went to see 'the Hackensaw Boys', it was one of the greatest concerts in months :-)
You are awesome.
Also, bump for other people who didn't get to try this out yet

`GooZ´
November 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM
You are awesome.
Yeah, I get that alot :p
Seriousely, I really like the site :-)

Chayak
November 15th, 2005, 05:08 PM
I've played around with this site before. It wasn't really that good a predicting songs I liked.

Sheinar
November 15th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Well, I searched for Possessed and got Municipal Waste. While not the Death/Thrash Metal I was expecting, that's some damn good Thrash/Crossover, so, so far, so good.

Edit: Even got some Sodom and Kreator. Good site.

ferentix
November 15th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Ack... you need a US postcode to register :\ oh well, I'll stick to auralmoon, delicious agony et al for my 'net radio...

Sheinar
November 15th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Ack... you need a US postcode to register :\
I just used a fake one.

`GooZ´
November 15th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Ack... you need a US postcode to register :\
I just used my postal code and added a 1, so I had 5 digits.

Rotarychainsaw
November 15th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I saw Chromelodeon play as Sprite Slowdown last night, and I'm goint to see Captured By Robots on Monday. The next show after that will probably be the Minibosses/Chromelodeon/etc... at MAGfest 4

Woo, captured by robots. Thats the guy who built the robots to play the songs right? While we're naming bands no one's ever heard of... I saw 2deadsluts 1goodfvck on saturday. It was uhhhh odd ;)

cychem1
February 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I really love the site., been a long time fan.

Anyone had stuttering problems when multitasking in Firefox Only been an issue since upgrading to 5.1. Runs great except when I have other things going on in Firefox, multiple tabs, multiple windows etc. So I think this is a Firefox issue.

I have cablebandwith at approx 6 mbps most of the time so not a band width issue.

Works great under Windows with Firefox no stuttering?

Any ideas?