PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have a wonky bold font?

mixmaster
August 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM
The bold font used for thread titles and so forth seems to be some sort of joke font with capital letters smaller than non-capitals, 'd' smaller than 'e' and other nonsense, which makes it almost unreadable.

I can fix it by turning off page-defined fonts in firefox but that mucks up other nicely laid out pages.

Is there any good reason for the use of this font?

LaRoza
August 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM
The bold font used for thread titles and so forth seems to be some sort of joke font with capital letters smaller than non-capitals, 'd' smaller than 'e' and other nonsense, which makes it almost unreadable.

I can fix it by turning off page-defined fonts in firefox but that mucks up other nicely laid out pages.

Is there any good reason for the use of this font?

Could you take a screenshot and post it? I have no problems with fonts.

Joeb454
August 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
My font is also fine. Check the default font type in your browser settings too :)

LaRoza
August 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
My font is also fine. Check the default font type in your browser settings too :)

If it is Firefox, clear the cache. That seems to fix many things for some reason.

mixmaster
August 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
If it is Firefox, clear the cache. That seems to fix many things for some reason.

Clearing the cache, exiting and restarting firefox cleared the problem.

Strange that it only seemed to show up here. I assume that the bold font used here must have been corrupted somehow.

Many thanks.

Joeb454
August 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Clearing the cache solves everything...

LaRoza
August 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM

In firefox.

Opera doesn't have such issues.

Joeb454
August 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
In firefox.

Opera doesn't have such issues.

I knew you'd say that

LaRoza
August 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I knew you'd say that

And I knew no one would deny the truth of what I say ;)

coffeecat
August 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Strange that it only seemed to show up here. I assume that the bold font used here must have been corrupted somehow.

I've occasionally had something weird happen to the ordinary font on this forum giving me an effect something like that. Closing down firefox and restarting has always fixed it, but I'll try clearing the cache next time.

adam_kimber
August 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM

Its like "turn it off and on again" for windows :P