PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Hibernate and Suspend dont work

SmokeEater85911
August 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
Toshiba Satellite x205-S9800

I recently installed kubuntu and when i try to hibernate or suspend, the screen goes black but the system doesnt power off, and there is no way to get out of it but to hold the power button until it restarts.

Is there any fix to fixing this Hibernate/Suspend Issue? thanks!

lazypower
August 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
I have the same issue with my Compaq Presario F739WM Lappy. I've found that if its put to sleep for less than 30 minutes it will resume proper and come back just fine, however hibernate and longer "suspend/sleep" methods are broken. Worked in Feisty so I'm at a loss as to why its being like this.

BUMP! :)

SmokeEater85911
August 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
apparently its a bug that is effecting most laptops. I have het to find a fix to the bug though

allene222
August 27th, 2008, 02:36 AM
I have the same problem with a desktop so it isn't just laptops. Hibernate just closes the display and makes the power on the box go up a little. It doesn't go into any suspend/hibernate mode and is locked up. I need to do a reset to get it back, often 2 resets. ACPI is working per some tests in a wiki. My MB, P4P800 E Deluxe is listed as supporting ACPI. This machine would hibernate and resume when it was a windows machine.

Most debug help I have found involves returning from hibernate. I can't even get to that state.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some debugging help?

Allen