PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] totem losing audio sync.

hardyn
August 20th, 2008, 07:50 AM
watching movies using the SVideo output from my mobile nvidia 6600 seems to lose audio sync over time, and really becomes noticeable over 1/2 hour. this does not seem to happen when watching the LCD display.

anybody else experienced audio sync loss?

I had this trouble with 704 as well, and as it seems to be extending to later versions, im kinda thinking it might be an nvidia driver or hardware problem, as a problem this big would be complained about by others.

any ideas?

tact
August 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
watching movies using the SVideo output from my mobile nvidia 6600 seems to lose audio sync over time, and really becomes noticeable over 1/2 hour. this does not seem to happen when watching the LCD display.

anybody else experienced audio sync loss?

I had this trouble with 704 as well, and as it seems to be extending to later versions, im kinda thinking it might be an nvidia driver or hardware problem, as a problem this big would be complained about by others.

any ideas?

I have been noticing totem losing audio sync when watching movies on my laptop the past few weeks. I thought it was crappy encoding until it bothered me so much tonight I tried watching the same movie with VLC.... and there was no loss of audio sync in VLC so there must be a problem in totem or my setup.

Still searching for info...

Cheers.

hardyn
August 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
from another thread somewhere on this forum, changing the system>prefereces>sound from auto detect to ALSA has helped some of my problems with internet video... haven't tested it with movies yet, will let you know when i get a chance to test it.