PDA

View Full Version : Bean counter not working

Giant Speck
August 18th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'd just like to let you know that my post count has been stuck at 49 for the past week or so, even though I've made more posts since then.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

overdrank
August 18th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I'd just like to let you know that my post count has been stuck at 49 for the past week or so, even though I've made more posts since then.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Hi and I have moved the thread from the Resolution Center. The post count does not increase unless you post in support forums. The community cafe and others are not support.

Giant Speck
August 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Despite the fact I find that not only strange but somewhat unfair, I thank you for promptly answering my question.

overdrank
August 18th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Despite the fact I find that not only strange but somewhat unfair, I thank you for promptly answering my question.

Unfair? I do not see it as being unfair as this is mainly a support forum. The been count is just for fun. :)

Giant Speck
August 18th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Unfair? I do not see it as being unfair as this is mainly a support forum. The been count is just for fun. :)

No, I just think it's a little unfair that because my posts aren't in a specific place, they don't count toward my post count. I make a lot of posts but it looks like I don't.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about, so I'll just leave it as that. :)

hyper_ch
August 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
It is a support forum and hence support will be rewarded ;)

schauerlich
August 19th, 2008, 12:32 AM
No, I just think it's a little unfair that because my posts aren't in a specific place, they don't count toward my post count. I make a lot of posts but it looks like I don't.

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about, so I'll just leave it as that. :)

I'm posting constantly in OMGPP, but I have less than 300 posts. If posts outside of support forums counted, I'd have around 1000, I would guess.

Giant Speck
August 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm posting constantly in OMGPP, but I have less than 300 posts. If posts outside of support forums counted, I'd have around 1000, I would guess.

But because the post count only counts the posts you make in support-related forums, there's not way of knowing your total number of posts, is there? Unless you counted every single one by hand, but since when is that a realistic way to do anything?

cyberdork33
August 19th, 2008, 06:17 PM
This gets asked quite a bit. Maybe the source could changed so that it reads "Support Posts" rather than just "Posts". That should be an easy mod.

aysiu
August 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM
This gets asked quite a bit. Maybe the source could changed so that it reads "Support Posts" rather than just "Posts". That should be an easy mod.
It used to read Beans, I think.

cyberdork33
August 19th, 2008, 09:17 PM
It used to read Beans, I think.
Yea I think you are right.