PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu CDs arrive in Romania!

linbetwin
November 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yesterday, November 11 2005 my Ubuntu CDs arrived in Ploieşti, Romania! I don't remember how long ago I ordered them, but I think they arrived pretty soon.

A big THANK YOU to Mark Shuttleworth, Canonical, the Ubuntu community and everybody else who made this possible!

I don't have my digital camera home and I can't show you the pictures, but you've already seen them posted by other users.

I had already upgraded to Dapper but I'll go back to Breezy. Dapper went fine for a few days, but now when I start Synaptic or the Update Manager the system freezes before I type my password and it needs a hard reboot.

Ship It inspired me to start a program of my own, that will allow ex-Windows users to send their Windows CDs back to Microsoft FOR FREE! The program is called Shove it.

DoeRayMe
November 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Ship It inspired me to start a program of my own, that will allow ex-Windows users to send their Windows CDs back to Microsoft FOR FREE! The program is called Shove it.

Sounds good, cant wait ;)

good to hear they arrived, i ordered mine last week :)

gnome.youbuntoo
March 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yesterday, November 11 2005 my Ubuntu CDs arrived in Ploieşti, Romania! I don't remember how long ago I ordered them, but I think they arrived pretty soon.

A big THANK YOU to Mark Shuttleworth, Canonical, the Ubuntu community and everybody else who made this possible!

I don't have my digital camera home and I can't show you the pictures, but you've already seen them posted by other users.

I had already upgraded to Dapper but I'll go back to Breezy. Dapper went fine for a few days, but now when I start Synaptic or the Update Manager the system freezes before I type my password and it needs a hard reboot.

mine took exactly 3 weeks. i stay in Hyderabad, India. Ur idea was ShoveIt was nice. haha