PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox 3.0.1 Crashing (not flash related)

jackTL2
August 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hello,

So firefox annoys me for the first time. This is not the common flash related crash. I can browse to the first page it loads then after that I can't browse anywhere because it crashes on loading. So I removed eveything related to firefox (complete removal using aptitude) even the plugin direcotries and reinstalled it, now my firefox just crashes when I open it, it tries to load the start page but crashes.

All of this happened after I made a link file to the java plugin in the plugins directory (that's another thing, how many god damn firefox dir's are there? They're so many it's a bit overwhelming, is there really a need for all of them?). Obviously the first thing I did was remove this link when it stopped working, but that didn't help either.

Anyone's help to get firefox back up is greatly appreciated. I don't know where to start, logs would be helpful, if someone could tell me where to find the firefox log.

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04. Not new to linux so I can manage to follow your directions, just need some guidance that's all.

Thanks,
Jack

jackTL2
August 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Same problem running in safe-mode,even with everything disabled and everything reset. :(