View Full Version : [ubuntu] XPS M1210 complete crash Hardy

August 15th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Dell Laptop XPS M1210
Ubuntu Hardy latest install

This is going to be difficult to explain... I haven't made any system changes that I'm aware of other than downloading updates as they come in. Yesterday I was downloading something and walked away for a while. When I returned, I moved the mouse to bring the monitor back (I know there have been issues with power saving and Ubuntu on laptops and usually there is only a slight pause, but sometimes I have to perform a hard reboot b/c the system freezes). I had to reboot this time and during the startup I could get as far as the DELL loading screen and then I would get either a black screen, a black screen filled with columns of 00, or a greenish screen with thin, dark, vertical lines. I couldn't get to the Ubuntu login screen after a number of reboots and when I tried selecting a recovery option the same weird screens and freezing would occur. So, I grabbed the latest Hardy install Iso from a friend and tried to reinstall everything. I had to do that twice before I could get to a longin - everything finally seemed to be working.

About an hour and a half later I was just reinstalling software and downloading the updates while watching a video and it froze again, then shut down on its own. Now I'm back to the weird 00 columns and can't get to a login or command line. The other odd symptom is flashing leds (caps lock and the one with a 'down' arrow) after I reach either the 00 screen, a black screen, or a greenish one during startup. The system is frozen when the leds are flashing.

I'm completely lost and need some rapid help - thanks

December 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
i dont suppose you have a intel 4965 wireless card in use?
i ask because im runnin a xps 1530 and am having freezes and lockups randomly . i think its the wireless tho..

December 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM
It turned out, for me, to be the motherboard. Once it was replaced everything ran just fine. Although I wouldn't hesitate to mention that Dell took 2.5 MONTHS to sort the issue out and I eventually had to ship my laptop to the service centre myself packaged in my own plain cardboard box (after a phone call almost every week they apparently couldn't figure out how to ship the standard box to me). Anyhow, moral of the story, it's probably the hardware and not Ubuntu - also don't buy any more Dells.

For your specific issue though, my wireless card is:

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g

December 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
woah boss thats aweful! i have had a different experience of dell. my hdd was messed up so i called them for a replacement. free of charge they sent me a samsung, then another!!!

i must of confused them with my scouse accent, either that or they felt sorry for me ... being xmas n all.

glad you got it sorted in the end obsidian lad.