PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help me Locate the Password and Username modification area

Rosta730
August 14th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hello All.

I BOUGHT Ubuntu system running on the Grub OS and has the THE GNOME PANEL 2.22.1.3. my problem though simple to you is to find the area to change, modify or remove usernames and passwords. Please help me Urgently. I need to do it today or get the Sack. Thanks:confused:

iaculallad
August 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Goto System->Administration->Users and Groups

Rosta730
August 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Goto System->Administration->Users and Groups
Thanks for the prompt response but I cannot see this menu map you are referring to. I have from the panel I have

system Preferences>Preferences and administration.

Under Administration you have - authorizations, keyring manager, language support, login window, network, printing,services, system log, system monitor, date and time.

Cannot not see Users and Groups.

Please help

Rosta730
August 14th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the prompt response but I cannot see this menu map you are referring to. I have from the panel I have

system Preferences>Preferences and administration.

Under Administration you have - authorizations, keyring manager, language support, login window, network, printing,services, system log, system monitor, date and time.

Cannot not see Users and Groups.

Please help
Hey! I have found it. Got help with pressing alt+f2 but I need to know how to parmanently remove it or return the system to default. Please default will be OK. tanks

Mgiacchetti
August 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
open terminal and type this

users-admin