PDA

View Full Version : cant uninstall in wine

i.mehrzad
August 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
After installing any software in wine i am unable to uninstall it. Even after actually uninstalling it there is still an option in the menu which shows me the uninstalled software.

Bios Element
August 13th, 2008, 06:16 AM
After installing any software in wine i am unable to uninstall it. Even after actually uninstalling it there is still an option in the menu which shows me the uninstalled software.

It's probably uninstalled just fine. What happens alot is the menu items are often not removed after a program is uninstalled. To remove them you just rightclick on the menu, Go to edit, and just navigate down to the items and remove them.

prshah
August 13th, 2008, 07:08 AM

To correctly uninstall software including links, click on the "Uninstall Wine Software" link in Applications-Wine. Don't worry, this will not uninstall WINE; it will give you a list of software installed via WINE and the option to uninstall any of them.